What do you want in a baby monitor in Oklahoma City?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was really straightforward. You install a a device with a built-in microphone on a table next to your child’s bed, transmitting sound to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Fortunately, baby monitors now offer many more features. To illustrate, today’s monitors now include high-definition video feeds and 2-way communication. You may even link some monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you can wander throughout your home. The leading baby monitors in Oklahoma City are so sophisticated that they resemble interior surveillance systems in both capabilities and expense.
Should you replace your baby monitor with a home security camera?
Knowing that baby monitors and indoor security cameras share many of the same features, you have many people in Oklahoma City connecting their nursery to their comprehensive home security package. This approach is beneficial -- especially if you have to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor now has:
● Night vision video: Your monitoring device should have at minimum 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared LED technology for reliable low-light performance.
● Two-way talk: You won’t always have to go into the room to get your newborn back to a gentle slumber. A comforting word may be all you need to keep your little one sleeping.
● Motion activation: While it’s possible to have your surveillance system continuously carefully watch your newborn, your own alertness may start to lag. However, when your security camera detects anything unusual, you can configure it to deliver a message to your mobile device. Perfect if your child quietly scrambles out of the crib or when your family dog wanders into the room.
● Recording capabilities: Many baby monitors do not capture the video. Today’s modern devices allow you to deliver a short segment to a relative or family friend to show them what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Mobile phone monitor: In lieu of lugging monitoring equipment wherever you go, you can watch from your smart home mobile app. You might even say hello to your tot and babysitter when you go for a night out.