How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Oklahoma City
You realize you need to defend your home. After all, it provides shelter for your family and is where you have all of your belongings. But what is the ideal type of home secuirty? Figuring out if you should utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading considerations you will make. Explore the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Oklahoma City and see what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24/7 monitoring, your home security system bridges to a third-party monitoring service that is prepared to provide help at all times. Whenever a window sensor activates or a smoke detector starts to sound, your monitoring specialists receive an alert instantaneously. They will work quickly to verify the alarm and send the proper emergency professionals.
On the contrary, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with a backup team. You might think of this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your alarm goes off, you have to take action to get it resolved. This possibility is the cheaper alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Oklahoma City
Here’s a short overview of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a support system in place is always smart. If you are on vacation, not awake, or without access to your phone, your home and those inside will still be safeguarded.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll react quicker to emergencies than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems could make you eligible for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Top-of-the-line equipment and smooth integration: When you receive hardware, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security specialist, you will enjoy a cohesive system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will find yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Cost: There is a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Have to get a professional install: Countless individuals would prefer to have the job done by qualified technicians, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This arrangement is likely to be acceptable for many as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Oklahoma City
Here’s a short rundown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: Some may deem this to be an advantage as they can handle the installation themselves and circumvent an extra expense. Other people might want to go with a skilled technician.
- More Flexibility: You are able to install components whenever you desire - and from any manufacturer. However, you could find incorporating into a cohesive system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you’re away from your phone and don’t see a security alert? This situation will lead to more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: As you are the single person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you want help during the install, you may have to employ a separate service professional. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Oklahoma City
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Oklahoma City from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the right solution for you. Call (405) 347-5898 today to customize your package.